Beginners Guide to VFL - What is VFL?

• Thread starter Aaron
  • Start date
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.
    200.gif

Hello again new person!

So this is yet another highly requested guide by some people on Twitter who wanted a direct thread explaining what VFL is, how it works, and all the basics, so again, as owner of the site, I'll be the one explaining it all to you, and if you have any questions, feel free to post them below and I'll get back to you on anything. Alternatively, if you feel more comfortable asking your questions on Twitter, simply DM the VFL Twitter account.​

The Virtual Football League

2oNgkKMN_o.png

To dive straight in, the VFL is like a massive online career mode for Pro Clubs. You are the player, your Pro and your account is like your save file.

When you sign up to VFL, you immediately enter the system as a "Free Agent". What this means is that you are not signed to any team, are not on any roster in any capacity, and are "free", free to trial, free to sit around, free to sign for a club. Anything you think you can do without being on a team, you can do. However, this is normally not the fun thing to do, anybody can sign up to VFL and not play, but the whole thing is about getting stuck in, building up your reputation, and eventually playing for one of the best clubs on the site. The question is of course, how?

For that my friends, you'll be wanting to take a read of this guide ---> https://the-vfl.com/threads/beginners-guide-to-vfl-how-to-find-a-team.541821/

Once you've followed that guide, found a team, and are all signed up, that means that you are officially eligible to play VFL games for your club. This could be a tense lower league English derby like Southend vs. Colchester, or it could be a big night at the San Siro for AC Milan vs. Inter Milan. Regardless, it means that you'll be competing week in, week out, fighting to achieve what your manager expects of you, whether that be a mid-table finish with a cup run, or a title charge.

The cool thing about VFL is that regardless of what your preference is, there are enough divisions and teams to keep everyone satisfied. Across Xbox and PS4 combined we have multiple divisions, with hundreds of teams, meaning players can test themselves in various regions, from VFL England, to VFL Spain, from VFL Arsenal, to VFL Real Madrid. Again, this depends on console (as Xbox was the original console VFL was founded on, with PS4 coming in during 2016), but all this information can be found in the various trialling threads when looking for a team.

But the question you may be asking is...... "When are the actual games?"

Friday - 20:00 BST + 20:45 BST (2 League Games)

Saturday - 20:00 BST + 20:45 BST (2 League Games)

Sunday - 20:00 BST + 20:45 BST (2 League Games)

Wednesday - 20:30 BST (1 Cup Game)

Of course, for a division like the Championship which has 24 teams in it, the schedule of time may vary, so double check that, but the days remain the same. Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays, with cup games on Wednesday.​

Last edited:
    Accolades and Awards

8Ffs.gif

Now that you know the days, the times, and what exactly we do here, you may be wondering about the extras.... stuff like trophies stuff like awards which you as a player can earn. It's an excellent question in fairness, as players, we all have our own goals and aims when we sign up to VFL, whether that be to just enjoy clubs with mates, or to go all out and win every possible thing you can across the various regions and nations.

Whether you're playing for VFL Lincoln City competing for the VFL League Two title, or VFL Borussia Dortmund and competing for the VFL Bundesliga title, there is ALWAYS something to play for. As you can see on my profile, I have these small little badges attributed to my name. These are various trophies and accolades that I have won during my time on the site. So, for example, lets say you win the Premier League with Chelsea, upon doing that, you will get a little trophy on your profile to signify that you are a Premier League winner, and thus you have that memory there, and that increased reputation to your name. This occurs with EVERY trophy, if you win the Checkatrade Trophy, or a League Two play-off trophy, again, it'll appear on your profile.

On top of that, to keep you competitive week in week out, your performances on the pitch in games played, goals, assists, and all the other stats you record in the VFL game earn you VFL Team of the Week and VFL Team of the Season points. At the end of every game week, the admin team will come together, and draft up TWO team of the weeks. A Higher Tier TOTW, and a Lower Tier TOTW. The best 18 of Higher Tiers (Premier League, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc etc) and the best 18 of Lower Tiers (Championship, League One, League Two, Serie B, Liga Adelante etc etc.). Again, these little mementos signal that you as a player have had a fantastic week, and in turn, showcases your consistency. If you'd like to see some of these, take a look below;

https://the-vfl.com/threads/vfl-xbox-totw-archive.66/

Other than that, we have tournaments like the VFL World Cup, where through your domestic performances you'll have the ability to be called up by a variety of our national sides and compete amongst the best. This will be covered in another thread at a later date, as it's only about touching on it now rather than going into great detail on that.

Lastly, we also do some big individual awards in the Xbox One Ballon d'Or and the PS4 Golden Ball. Two awards that signal you were the BEST player in your position on the console that season, again, a high honour to eventually aim for.

- Aaron Baker, VFL Owner.​

Last edited:
    Reactions: I v6 Wez I
    Status
    Not open for further replies.